This page includes resources, materials, and slides from the workshop. All the materials used at the workshop can be downloaded further below on this page.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn."
— Benjamin Franklin
Scientist, United States Founding Father
Bringing Big Data Education and Awareness To Pittsburgh High School Students
The following embedded slide presentation was used at the workshop. You can download the full PowerPoint presentation, and other resources that were used at the workshop, by clicking the links provided in the Downloads section further below on this page.
"You can have data without information, but you cannot have information without data."
— Daniel Keys Moran
Computer Programmer and Science Fiction Writer
Downloads [ From The Presentation ]
The following materials were used at the workshop. Click the links to download them.
- Demo Dataset - Ames Housing Spreadsheet [ xlsx ]
- Exercises - 2012 Math and Reading Aggregated Allegheny [ xlsx ]
- Exercises - Student Exercises [ pdf ]
- Exercises - Teacher Demographics [ xls ]
- Materials & Resources - Formatting Data in Excel to use in Tableau Public [ docx ]
- Materials & Resources - Using Excel [ doc ]
- Slides - Data Workshop [ pptx ]
Data Science and Coffee?
To our knowledge, there is no scientific correlation between winning the Pittsburgh Data Jam and consuming Venti espressos - or is there?